Tuesday 24 December 2013

Picture the Beauty 24

Day 24 - Silent Night

This evening's beauty is more visceral than visual, the stillness and peace of silence. I am 'stranded' in my uni town due to storm-induced travel chaos and will be picked up by my parents tomorrow morning instead of the journey I had planned for this evening and it is so, so quiet around here. The place I live, which is usually a hive of activity, is almost empty, the roads are basically clear and there was barely a soul in town when I went for a walk earlier - an unexpected but fitting way to bring this reflective advent project to a close.




#







A glass of wine would have been nice, though; should have thought of that before the shops shut...tsssk.



Update: Co op was open and the situation is rectified; cheers, mi dears!



No comments:

Post a Comment