Thursday 12 December 2013

Picture the Beauty 11

Day 11 - Christmas creeping up


I have an ambivalent relationship to Christmas, I love the colours associated with the season, Christmas dinners, getting presents (who doesn't), giving presents (especially when I know I have got just the right thing), meeting up with family and friends, and a new appreciation for advent with its idea of quiet, sober, anticipatory reflection. I struggle, however, with the fact that apart from 'celebrating' Christ's birth, which let's be honest is a minute part of the celebratory season, there is very little about the whole thing that has anything to do with Christ and everything to do with paganism and excessive consumerism. 

Still, here are some seasonal photos from my abode - bah humbug...











No comments:

Post a Comment