Tuesday 8 December 2020

See him

I came across this hauntingly beautiful song at the beginning of lockdown. I have spent the rest of the year trying to remember where I found it - even though I had posted it on facebook (facepalm). 

I have found it again...  

See him in the manger
Swaddled in a cloth
Angel's words grown in flesh
Brought him to the earth.
See him in the temple
Making earth his home
Wisdom's child seated
Learning as he grows.
See him at the wedding
Heaven's gifts at hand
John cleans with water
He will heal with wine.
See him on a donkey
Riding as a king
To the man of wisdom
Palms and stones will sing.
See him on the hillside
Swaddled in a cloth
Angel's words piercing flesh
Take him from the earth.
Oh my heart, oh my soul
Tell how can this be?
Oh my heart, oh my Christ
Come again to me.
See him in the garden
Tending to the same
Though he's hid from our eyes
Yet he calls my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment